The Pipeline Geotechnics workshop provides a geotechnical background and a detailed introduction to pipe-soil interaction.
This workshop is recommended for pipeline engineers who require a more thorough understanding of soil mechanics issues. Attendees will leave the workshop with a working knowledge of the principles and practices involved in defining soil design parameters for pipeline design. The sessions include a summary of the current practice.
“Excellent content pitched at a level understood by all delegates. Questions and answers were well received and the speakers were able to fully answer and technically competent”
- Soil mechanics for pipeline engineers
- Integrated pipeline route surveys – geophysical data acquisition
- Integrated pipeline route surveys – integration of data, interpretation and presentation of results
- Challenges in pipeline design
- Pipeline trenching and backfill
- Geotechnical models to derive pipe-soil interaction parameters
- In situ and laboratory geotechnical tests specific to pipelines
- Open discussion and close of workshop